Did you know that the entire month of October is, National Dental Hygiene Month? We would like to recognize and thank our amazing dental hygienist's for their hard work and dedication to our patients at Advanced Dental Care Clinic. They play a vital role in raising awareness and educating the importance of good oral hygiene. If you see your dental hygienist during the month of October, please help us in thanking them!
To celebrate Dental Hygiene Month, we thought it would be a good idea to brush up on our dental hygiene! The ADA (American Dental Association) recommends the following in order to keep a healthy smile:
1. Brush your teeth 2 times a day for 2 minutes using a soft-bristled brush.
2. When brushing, make sure that the size of your toothbrush is adequate for the size of your mouth. Gently brush all surfaces of each tooth in short, back and forth, motions.
3. Brush the back of your tongue forward to help cut down on bacteria which can lead to bad breath.
4. Floss your teeth once a day to help remove plaque that may have been missed during brushing. If plaque collects on your tooth surface for too long, it can harden into calculus (tarter).
5. Use an alcohol-free mouth rinse after brushing/flossing to help cleanse the oral tissues which make up more than half of the oral cavity.
As always, stay up to date on your routine dental visits and don't be afraid to ask questions. We are here to help you and look forward to your next dental appointment!